Segmentify Privacy Notice
Segmentify (“we”, “us”, “our”) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our website at www.segmentify.com (“Website”). This Privacy Notice applies if you access the Website from within the European Union. If you access the website from outside of the European Union, please visit [link]. When we refer to Segmentify, this means Segmentify Yazılım A.Ş., a company established under the laws of Turkey with its place of business at Acıbadem Mah. Acıbadem Cad. Tellioğlu İş Hanı No:43/3 Kat:5 34718 Kadıköy/İstanbul.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
What does Segmentify do?
Segmentify is a provider of e-commerce analytics and personalization. We are headquartered in Turkey but have group companies around the world. Our services help online retailers to optimize their conversion rates by enabling them to deliver a unique shopping experience for each visitor.
For more information about Segmentify, please see the “About Segmentify” section of our Website at https://www.segmentify.com/about-segmentify/.
What personal information does Segmentify collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you when you visit or interact with our Website falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Website may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, you may provide your contact details so we can get in touch with you in order to discuss our services; you may to subscribe to marketing communications from us, or submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website, where they come from, and what content on our Website is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information. However, we may also use your personal information for other purposes that are not incompatible with the purposes we have disclosed to you (such as archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes) if and where this is permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Who does Segmentify share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients
- to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice;
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, Segmentify) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
We use first party and third party cookies for several reasons. Some cookies are required for technical reasons in order for our Websites to operate, and we refer to these as “essential” or “strictly necessary” cookies. Other cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our Websites. Third parties serve cookies through our Websites for advertising, analytics and other purposes.
|Cookie Name||Provider||Purpose of Cookie||Link|
|IDE||Used by Google DoubleClick to register and report the website user’s actions after viewing|
or clicking one of the advertiser’s ads with the purpose of measuring the efficacy of an
ad and to present targeted ads to the user.
|1P_JAR||These cookies are used to gather website statistics, and track conversion rates.||Opt-out|
|CONSENT||Remembers basic preferences, such as choice of language, format of search results,|
how to display information.
|NID||The NID cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other|
information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you
wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google’s
SafeSearch filter turned on.
|_ga||Cookies used to distinguish users.||Opt-out|
|_gid||Cookies used to distinguish users.||Opt-out|
|_hjIncludedInSample||HotJar||Hotjar cookie. This session cookie is set to let Hotjar know whether that visitor is|
included in the sample which is used to generate funnels.
|Fr||Used for advertisement purposes||Opt-out|
|hubspotutk||Hotjar||Cookies set by HubSpot to keep track of visitors on hotjar.com||Opt-out|
|intercom-id-rsfzxiiy||Intercom||Intercom enables us to offer a live chat feature on our website. This cookie attempts|
to remember a user such that they may continue their conversation between
different pages of the site, and resume the conversation on repeat visits to the site.
|wooTracker||Segmentify||Name of the cookie used to identify the visitor||Opt-out|
How does Segmentify keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Some examples of our security measures are access with SSH Key to systems policy, encryption of customer content stored at rest, accessing data requires a protocol of approval etc.
International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Website servers are located in Frankfurt, and our group companies and third party service providers and partners operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com.
1.The data controller of your personal information is Segmentify Yazılım A.Ş.
2.Third Parties the Personal Data is Transferred to and Purposes of Transfer
Your personal data is processed in accordance with articles 5 and 6 of the Law for the purposes of conducting the necessary operational activities for the provision of services and products provided by our Company, carrying out necessary works with the relevant business unit and business partners for offering you personalized products and services that is appropriate for your consuming and purchasing motivations, taking the necessary actions for the Company to deliver, execute and realize commercial decisions, providing the legal security of our Company arising from such relations.
Your personal data is transferred to, our business partners, suppliers, authorized public institutions and private persons in accordance with articles 8 and 9 of the Law for the purposes of conducting the necessary operational activities for the provision of services and products provided by our Company, carrying out necessary works with the relevant business unit and business partners for offering you personalized products and services that is appropriate for your consuming and purchasing motivations, taking the necessary actions for the Company to deliver, execute and realize commercial decisions, providing the legal security of our Company arising from such relations.
3.Methods for Collection of Personal Data and Related Legal Reasons
Our Company collects your personal data through our website www.segmentify.com and based on several legal reasons in order to use such personal data for the aforementioned purposes. Your personal data may be processed and transferred in accordance with the principles and purposes set forth in articles 5 and 6 of the Law.
Cookies are files stored on your device or web server by the websites you visit via browsers. Most of the browsers are designed to initially enable cookies; however you may customize your cookie choices or disable cookies at any time by changing your browser’s settings.
5.Your Rights Under the Law
As per article 11 of the Law, as data subjects you are entitled to;
- Learn whether or not your personal data are being processed,
- Request further information if your personal data have been processed,
- Learn the purpose of processing and whether or not data are being processed in compliance with such purpose,
- Learn the third party recipients to whom your data are disclosed within the country and abroad,
- Request rectification of processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate request notification of third parties to whom your personal data are disclosed, about such process,
- Request erasure or destruction of data in case the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the Law or any other related law and request notification of third parties to whom your personal data are disclosed, about such process,
- Object to unfavorable results of analysis of processed personal data solely by automatic means,
- Demand compensation for damages suffered as a result of an unlawful processing operation.
You may communicate your requests regarding your rights to “ Acıbadem Mah. Acıbadem Cad. Tellioğlu İş Hanı No:43/3 Kat:5 34718 Kadıköy / İstanbul” address where our Company is located in writing together with documents that will allow the Company to confirm your identity via registered letter with return receipt. Our Company will evaluate and conclude your request at least within 30 (thirty) days as stated under the Law. The aforementioned process is principally free of charge however, our Company reserves the right to request for a fee based on the tariff determined by the Data Protection Authority.